We would like to hear from you directly, but if you wish to seek help or discuss your situation with a third party, these agencies can help:
- Office of the Health Ombudsman – 133 646
- Queensland Ombudsman – 1800 068 908
- Commonwealth Ombudsman – 1300 362 072
- Queensland Aged and Disability Advocacy Inc – 1800 818 552
- Queensland Family and Child Commission – (07) 3900 6000
- Office of the Public Guardian
For matters relating to children: 1800 661 533
For matters relating to adults: 1300 653 187
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal – 1300 753 228
- Residential Tenancies Authority – 1300 366 311
- Central Queensland Dispute Resolution Centre – 1800 817 927
- Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services – 13 74 68
- Department of Housing and Public Works – 13 74 68
- Department of Social Services – 1300 653 227
- National Relay Service – 1300 555 727
A telephone solution for people who are Deaf or who have hearing or speech impairment.
- Translating and Interpreting Service – 131 450
A telephone and in-person interpreting service for people who do not speak English or are more confident communicating in a language other than English.
- Cerebral Palsy Group
An FREE online resource for anyone who has been affected by cerebral palsy, birth injuries, or brain injuries.
- The Deck
A new online resource hub for Queensland’s housing and homelessness sector featuring all the latest news, resources, research, jobs and events for housing and homelessness services.
- Tenancy Skills Institute
Delivers a free, competency-based training program which up skills people who are wanting to enter the private rental market. Become a ‘Tenant of Choice’.
- Report Racism
If you’ve experienced or witnessed a racist incident you can let the Queensland Human Rights Commission know by filling out this online form.